The midweek fixtures began this week for both sides, a sure sign that both teams are entering the final straight of the season. Three fixtures for the club in the week saw three wins, though none were entirely straightforward.

Wednesday night saw the first team welcome Mardy to the Rec. Things started well with Ben Ward opening the scoring from a corner within thirty seconds. A second followed from a Jace Williams drive after ten minutes, but although in control on the scoreboard the visitors never stopped harrying. This was leading to some scrappy play and although Marc Taylor hooked in a third and Jordan Jones produced a cool finish for the fourth, the Wasps still hadn't really hit top gear. The plucky visitors grabbed a consolation goal just after half time, but Marc Taylor's header finished a nice move before Williams got his second and the goal of the night with a flashing volley from the edge of the box. All in all a relatively comfortable 6-1 victory, but the number of clear chances that went unconverted could have given the score a rather more telling air.

Thursday saw the second team travel to Sebastopol and return with the three points in a high scoring and close game. Zack Baker netted a double, whilst Jack Price, Amos Hall and Charlie Lewis-Prosser also got on the scoresheet to turn a 3-3 into a 5-3 victory. A good away win which keeps the side on course for a very respectable league finish.

On paper, the bottom placed side hosting a side that still has designs on a promotion place should be fairly one sided, but Saturdays trip to Cefn Fforest turned out to be anything but. With the hosts grabbing an early advantage and then clinging on for dear life, it looked like it was going to be not only one of those days, but a fairly inauspicious way for the promotion challenge to fizzle out. With passes going astray, tackles missed and chances going begging, not to mention the odd last ditch interception to prevent further disaster, it really was turning into a nightmare performance. Hope was rekindled though as Matthew Edward grabbed the ball in midfield and set off on a mazy dribble through the Cefn defence before narrowly slipping a shot just inside the far post. With time running out, both on the game and the Wasps challenge to the upper echelons of the table, it was going to take either something completely out of context to the rest of the game, or a touch of luck to take anything more than a point, and unsurprisingly it was the latter rather than the former. With the ball bouncing  ree in the box, it was captain Marc Taylor's toe that got to it before the keeper and forced it across the line. The final whistle brought more relief than joy with defeat extremely harsh on a game and battling Cefn Fforest side. A win is a win though at this stage of the season, and it means the chase goes on for another week at least.